Web Publication Checklists
Website branding checklist
All websites must use an approved web header and footer available on the web header and footer download page.
Approved web headers include the block M and wordmark (Driven to Discover is optional), the MyU and One Stop links, and the search bar,
The approved web footer includes the Regents copyright statement, the equal opportunity statement, and the Privacy Statement link.
The wordmark and block M cannot be repeated anywhere on a website – they should appear only in the header.
No third party logos—No third-party logos should be included in any official University electronic communication without a signed agreement between the University and the outside vendor or company. Whenever possible, sponsors or collaborators should be indicated in text, not with a logo.
Web publishing checklist
- Use the web header and footer available in the web header and footer download section, in GitHub, or in Drupal.
- Copyedit your content before coding, then proof copy before publishing.
- For readability, use background colors that are light or white and type that is dark or black. Minimize use of background patterns.
- Avoid flashing text and animation.
- Test all your links before publishing to make sure they work.
- Be sure to include your tracking code, such as Google Analytics, before publishing.
- Make sure all your images have been saved for the web to reduce download time and have alt tags.
- Each page on your site should have a unique title and a <meta> tag with a unique description.
Web template modification checklist
When using the web templates, there are certain things that you should change or update to reflect your specific site and to follow best practices for website publishing.
- Change/update meta tags.
- Make sure you have "alt" description text for all images.
- Test your site on various platforms and browsers.