Audio, Video, and Presentation Guidelines
- Audio and video asset overview
- Audio and video requirements
- Multimedia and presentation requirements
See Logos and downloads for assets that can be used for audio and video.
University Relations, in partnership with the Office of Information Technology, has produced a number of resources for University audio, video, and multimedia projects.
Editing software—These assets were designed for Final Cut Pro, but can be imported into other editing software applications. Other applications may require a different file format and / or image dimension. When converting the video assets, be sure to maintain the proper aspect ratio.
Download audio and video assets in the Logo and Template Downloads section.
Presentation templates follow branding policy and contain all required elements: wordmark, official colors, copyright statement.
Audio recorded for official University communications and educational purposes must include the following statement, customized appropriately for your unit:
"Copyright 2014 by [Your Unit Name] at the University of Minnesota, an equal opportunity educator and employer."
Audio must also comply with the University’s Accessibility of Information Technology policy.
Prerecorded audio can be downloaded for use from Audio and Video Assets in the Logo and Template Downloads section.
Video produced for official University communications and educational purposes must include:
- The University of Minnesota wordmark specifically designed for video or PowerPoint;
- The equal opportunity statement;
- The responsible publisher or information provider;
- Copyright information (e.g., © 2014 Regents of the University of Minnesota); and
- Alternative access to the communication in compliace with the University’s Accessibility of Information Technology policy.
All University audio and video should be captioned, whenever possible.
Currently, the University has no central resource for producing captions or syncing transcripts to your audio or video. There are several online services available that charge a nominal fee.